Why become a member? ×

F Bass For Trade...

geoffbassist

Hi Guys,
due to recent hand problems ive decided to switch to playing 4 string basses. Im looking to trade this Fbass which was bought from the gallery, it apperently was owned by julian crampton from incognito. Its been played loads and is really worn, i think it looks better for it but this is not a mint bass. However it plays and sounds great and was set up last week (including fret dress) when i was up at overwater.
Its a passive 5 sting B-G made in 1995...
this really is an amazing bass and im sad to see it go, its quite unusal so really needs to be seen.

Im after a quality 4 string jazz bass but would also consider quality amps/speakers...

Anyone wants to try im in leeds,
cheers Geoff

Edited by geoffbassist

That's a beauty! There's something about a top bass in well gigged condition that just oozes appeal. I'm somewhat tempted to offer my Shuk-ified Geddy (new neck, super stable), but I'm definitely aware of how nice it is to have a great four string workhorse in the stable. It's not [i]really[/i] an offer but if that's the sort of thing you're interested in then let me know, might be able to have a little get together.

Mark

had a few questions about the bass. Its is passive but sounds huge, like a monster fender jazz. Its 34 1/2" scale so the b sounds great. Its been really played and i think sounds all the better for it...
Looking for a trade but would consider cash offers.....

The bridge is a gotoh (or however you spell it).

I recived a lot of enquires about selling the bass but have been holding off as i havnt seen anything to replace it with yet. I have to have a bass lined up really, thats why a trade seemed like a good plan...
Thanks for all the intrest and i will try to be as quick as possible sorting sale out...
Have a good bank holiday....... :)

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='207400' date='May 27 2008, 05:29 PM']its tempting russ that looks like a killer bass! Im really trying to stick to string basses though.....
Cheers Geoff[/quote]

Is that 'stick to 4 string basses' mate?