Why become a member? ×

Good news. Maybe.

tauzero

I was going to do the standard moan in the "How was your gig" thread about the singer (more random rearrangements of songs, breaking in on soloes, talking through the instrumental section of "Music", blathering uncontrollably, interminably, and unintelligibly between songs) but couldn't be arsed. However, I did have some good news on Tuesday evening - he's leaving. Or, in fact, has left. Which means we're back to a three-piece temporarily until we get a singer.

The future Mrs Zero can sing rather well and would love to be in the band, but the band axis is the drummer and guitarist (I've only been in for three years, so I'm a newcomer) and they're reluctant to have a female singer for some reason. I think they're being rather closed-minded. Still, I shall carry on trying, and I suspect the drummer's wife will also try putting her oar in for the future Mrs Zero.

[quote name='tauzero' post='204347' date='May 22 2008, 03:13 PM']I was going to do the standard moan in the "How was your gig" thread about the singer (more random rearrangements of songs, breaking in on soloes, talking through the instrumental section of "Music", blathering uncontrollably, interminably, and unintelligibly between songs) but couldn't be arsed. However, I did have some good news on Tuesday evening - he's leaving. Or, in fact, has left. Which means we're back to a three-piece temporarily until we get a singer.

The future Mrs Zero can sing rather well and would love to be in the band, but the band axis is the drummer and guitarist (I've only been in for three years, so I'm a newcomer) and they're reluctant to have a female singer for some reason. I think they're being rather closed-minded. Still, I shall carry on trying, and I suspect the drummer's wife will also try putting her oar in for the future Mrs Zero.[/quote]

Definitely good news, he sounded like a nightmare!

Good luck finding the right woman for the job :-)

[quote name='tauzero' post='204347' date='May 22 2008, 03:13 PM']The future Mrs Zero can sing rather well and would love to be in the band, but the band axis is the drummer and guitarist (I've only been in for three years, so I'm a newcomer) and they're reluctant to have a female singer for some reason. I think they're being rather closed-minded. Still, I shall carry on trying, and I suspect the drummer's wife will also try putting her oar in for the future Mrs Zero.[/quote]

What about setting up an 'audition' for the future Mrs. Zero just to see how it goes. The drummer and guitarist may like what they hear...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='rbatts2000' post='204399' date='May 22 2008, 04:42 PM']What about setting up an 'audition' for the future Mrs. Zero just to see how it goes. The drummer and guitarist may like what they hear...[/quote]
The objection is to the principle of having a female vocalist at all. They've both heard her sing - she's done "Bad moon rising" with the band and also the drummer and his wife have seen our acoustic duo. I shall just have to see whether Sue (the drummer's wife and our occasional keyboard player) might exert a bit of pressure...

[quote name='cheddatom' post='204411' date='May 22 2008, 04:49 PM']I like to go and "jam" with my girlfriend, but I wouldn't want to be in a band that takes gigs and money etc seriously. It'd stress me out.[/quote]
Two of the three bands I'm in include both of us, so it's not a problem.