Why become a member? ×

Thought i'd better say howdie...

Tricycle

Been lurking for some time so i thought it about time to pop my head above the parapet and say hello, as you seem like a friendly bunch.

So Howdie!

I'm recently back into Bass after having to do a total sell up 3 years ago due to indescribable poverty- however i'm back with a vengeance and it certainly is nice to play again.

I can already see how GAS is going to pop me right back into the red pretty sharpish, although my grown-up job should get me a bit further now. In fact. sod it. the girlfriend can pay the rent- i'm off to the classifieds!

Hey Tricycle,

Welcome!
What a lovely first post you wrote. It seems you're more than housewarm already.

Sad to see though that you had to turn your eyes to hugely, massively popular pop artists' album titles to find a moniker, though I guess it's better than "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". ;)

Wouldn't that trike thing in the pic make for a nice avatar?

[IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/basstractor1/FlimTricycle_zps39f9f35b.jpg[/IMG]

No pressure! Just DO IT! ;)

Anyway,
Enjoy the site!

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='Tricycle' timestamp='1361116112' post='1981235']
Been lurking for some time so i thought it about time to pop my head above the parapet and say hello, as you seem like a friendly bunch.

So Howdie!

I'm recently back into Bass after having to do a total sell up 3 years ago due to indescribable poverty- however i'm back with a vengeance and it certainly is nice to play again.

I can already see how GAS is going to pop me right back into the red pretty sharpish, although my grown-up job should get me a bit further now. In fact. sod it. the girlfriend can pay the rent- i'm off to the classifieds!
[/quote]

Welcome! :D

Bass and bicycles, eh? Well, i play bass, and i work at Chain Reaction Cycles :D

You should change your name to Bassycle. :)

Anyway, enjoy :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/25488-miltyg565/"][color="#282828"]MiltyG565[/color][/url]- you just might just be my new best friend. you lucky so and so. I may as well have just signed over half my paycheck to CRC every month for the last couple of years. I love you guys!

Now you've got me wondering if anyone has ever made a carbon fibre bass. Probably not, to be fair, there aren't many benfits and chances are it'd sound like sh*t! :lol:

[quote name='Tricycle' timestamp='1361190773' post='1982399']
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/25488-miltyg565/"][color=#282828]MiltyG565[/color][/url]- you just might just be my new best friend. you lucky so and so. I may as well have just signed over half my paycheck to CRC every month for the last couple of years. I love you guys!

Now you've got me wondering if anyone has ever made a carbon fibre bass. Probably not, to be fair, there aren't many benfits and chances are it'd sound like sh*t! :lol:
[/quote]

There are plenty of carbon fibre necks! I think status might have made a carbon body, although it could just have been carbon fibre look.

Ah, you keep us in a job :D If you ever get a box delivered that's a bit smashed looking, i swear it wasn't me! I'm on sick leave :D I normally deal with deliveries to the warehouse, so if the packaging isn't in good condition when i get it, god knows when it happened.

You should come over to Northern Ireland and go visit the CRC shops. They have all manner of bikes hanging on the walls. I think they even have a custom shop behind the shop.

[quote name='Tricycle' timestamp='1361197341' post='1982555']
Had a little google- there are quite a few really, i had no idea- mostly CF moulded over wood. Now i'm tempted to buy a knackered cheapo bass and have a go at a bit of carbon laminating! :lol: sounds like a recipe for disaster!
[/quote]

It almost certainly would be :o :)

Don't feel bad though, carbon is cool, and mistakes are human, so who could blame you really?

[quote name='Tricycle' timestamp='1361116112' post='1981235']

[/quote]

I bloody knew this was going to happen. 2 Boss pedals and a musicman in the works from the classifieds already. Do you think i might have a problem?

Got to say everyone i've dealt with so far has been fantastic- really great bunch of guys- Think i might stick around!

[quote name='Tricycle' timestamp='1361476940' post='1986425']
I bloody knew this was going to happen. 2 Boss pedals and a musicman in the works from the classifieds already. Do you think i might have a problem?

Got to say everyone i've dealt with so far has been fantastic- really great bunch of guys- Think i might stick around!
[/quote]

The same problem we all have :D I bought a new guitar yesterday despite not earning any money :/