Why become a member? ×

Looking for a light weight cab to match with the Warwick LWA

lobematt

Hi guys!

After selling my van I really need to downsize my rig! I'm after one of the new Warwick LWA heads which looks like it'll be a beast! Putting an order in for when they're out in June =)

I need to downsize or at least lighten the cabs I've got though. I've currently got a Warwick 411 Pro and a 211 Pro, the 411 is probably going to be getting sold on here pretty soon as it's too much of a monster to take around any more, and I love the 211 but it's pretty stocky and weighs in at about 4 stone.

I've been looking for replacement cabs and at the minute I'm thinking about the TC gear, maybe the RS210 either on its own or with the RS112.

Has anybody tried these cabs out or got any other good suggestions for cabs?

Cheers!

[quote name='lobematt' timestamp='1361029753' post='1980039']
I'm a bit worried about going for a 115, don't want it to sound to muddy!
[/quote]

Don't let the size of the driver influence your choice. I've known 2x10's that sound like someone has put a foam pad between the drivers and the grill and last weekend at the NE Bass Bash, a certain 'Bass Doctor' nearly pierced the ears of everyone within hearing distance when he played through his 2x15 cab (it was easily the toppiest cab in the room [when used with his GK amp] and not a tweeter anywhere in sight).

[quote name='lobematt' timestamp='1361029753' post='1980039']
I'm a bit worried about going for a 115, don't want it to sound to muddy!
[/quote]

[url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/compact.htm"]http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/compact.htm[/url]

have a read bro, you'll be enlightened. I haven't come a across a correctly tuned 1x15 cab that has sounded wooly or muddy.

[quote name='lobematt' timestamp='1361190807' post='1982400']
Wow ok! Thanks for that guys! Barefaced one doesn't look too expensive either! On that site it says that the recommended amp power is 150 - 600W, does that mean if I did pair it with a 1000W head I might blow it??
[/quote]

Highly unlikely especially as amps come equipped with a dial that allows them to go quieter as well as louder! ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1361192320' post='1982431']
Highly unlikely especially as amps come equipped with a dial that allows them to go quieter as well as louder! ;)
[/quote]

They do?? Hahaha. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to amps and stuff if you hadn't guessed! I've been offered the loan of one of these... http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ashdown-mag-115-deep-cab/50239?gclid=CLu6zLGEwLUCFabLtAodEFoAuA

Ashdown Mag 115. Would that give me any kind of comparison to these 15" cabs you've been recommending?

[quote name='hunt the shunt' timestamp='1361210698' post='1982866']
I presume you have read the LWA1000 thread. I don't know why you want an unknown amp when there is so much known amplification around, or why you are expecting advice on an amp nobody will have seen???

If you want a lightweight cab rated at 1000 watts good luck. If you can see past the 1000 watts then any of the usual suspects recommended on this forum will be OK.

Funny that Warwick have dropped the neo's and don't do cabs to go with it!
[/quote]

Yeah I read the other thread and didn't find it very useful so I posted this one... And I want this amp because I need something loud and small and being a Warwick endorser it comes in at quite a nice price.

As I said earlier I'm pretty clueless when it comes to techy amp stuff so that's why I'm asking here if it would blow cabs not rated at 1000W.

Thanks for the helpful reply though <_<[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='lobematt' timestamp='1361220112' post='1983109']As I said earlier I'm pretty clueless when it comes to techy amp stuff so that's why I'm asking here if it would blow cabs not rated at 1000W.[/quote]

No, only if you turn it up very loud and ignore the audible warning signs from the cab (i.e. excessive growling, farting etc). And it's only 1000W into a 4 ohm load - into an 8 ohm load it's 500W.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1361497176' post='1986731']
No, only if you turn it up very loud and ignore the audible warning signs from the cab (i.e. excessive growling, farting etc). And it's only 1000W into a 4 ohm load - into an 8 ohm load it's 500W.
[/quote]

This.

The compact is going to be about as good as it gets for a lightweight cab that shifts massive air, and price wise.
The ashdown will be nothing like the barefaced stuff.

I can vouch for the RS 2x10 and 2x12 TC cabs they sound monstrous, they both fit in the boot of my mondeo and I can carry with one hand, not sure on power handling they are 400watt and 300watt respectivly so I guess a 1000watt head may push them a bit too much?

Edited by baseline9