Why become a member? ×

another chorus thread!

GazWills

hey folks,

sorry to start another chorus thread, but after some advice between 2 pedals in particular, and I suppose opinions on digital vs analog when it comes to chorus.

I have never really used chorus before, but one of my bands is moving in a joy division / cure kind of direction, and it could add something nice for occasional use... I love simple pedals, and would have picked up the MXR micro chorus, if I hadn't heard so many negative comments regarding the volume jump when turning it on.

anyway, don't wanna spend over £100, and it seems the TC corona and the MXR analog chorus are pretty good bets for digital and analog units respectively. does anybody have strong feelings either way between these two? not having much experience with chorus pedals, is there much difference between analog and digital, in the way there is with delay, for example??

any thoughts appreciated. cheers

[quote name='stoker' timestamp='1360938829' post='1978699']
EHX Clone Theory. That's what Hooky used.
[/quote]

I'm not too keen on having an old EHX pedal on the board, not the most road-worthy in my experience! Is the EHX re-issue any good? most new EHX stuff I've tried (microsynth in particular) is pretty poor when compared to the original versions...

Edited by GazWills

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1360939445' post='1978707']
The analog chorus is a clone/ reworking of the old boss ce5.
It can do lush, soupy to subtle and all points between
[/quote]

It sounds like a winner to me... just for some reason I'm drawn to the TC, even though I'm not normally a fan of digital effects!

Has anyone compared the TC to the MXR? Not sure any locals shops round my way stock both...

• 4 weeks later...