Why become a member? ×

Acme Low B2 2x10" cab - trade agreed

Clarky

I am looking to sell a pristine (imported from US manufacturer by me in past year) Acme Low B2 2x10" cab (its the 4 ohm version). Its very hi-fi, has tons of bottom end for 5 stringers (hence name) and goes loud with sufficient juice (500W is ideal). Also very good for double bass (which is what I use it for and why I've also advertised in the DB/EUB FS forum), being very uncoloured (a la Euphonic Audio). My problem is, superb though it is, it weighs 50 pounds and I need ultralight with my glass back.

Asking £400 collected from Hammersmith area, London (will also post for £15 in UK) - a 30% discount to what it would cost to import new (c.£575 incl shipping and import duty). You know my feedback so when I say its pristine, it really is pristine!

Specs here: [url="http://www.acmebass.com/#/products"]http://www.acmebass.com/#/products[/url]

The blurb from the website says:[list]
[*][font=arial, helvetica,][size=2]A very compact cabinet with the bass extension of a good 18" subwoofer. [/size][/font]
[list]
[*][font=arial, helvetica,][size=2]Amazing transient response; from the fundamental of the open B-string, right up to the highest harmonics of a C or F-string. [/size][/font]
[list]
[*][font=arial, helvetica,][size=2]Loud enough for a single cabinet to hold its own against most drummers. [/size][/font]
[list]
[*][font=arial, helvetica,][size=2]High power handling. 350W RMS is a good starting point due to the relatively low efficiency of the cabinet. 500W RMS is ideal. The more power, the better the sound. (Within reason - It's only a 2x10"!)[/size][/font]
[/list]
[/list]
[/list]
[/list][list]
[*][font=arial, helvetica,][size=2]Use it with an upright bass for loud jazz gigs and be rewarded with true acoustic tone. [/size][/font]
[list]
[*][font=arial, helvetica,][size=2]A pair makes a very loud, versatile and compact rig. Stack them end on end for amazing dispersion and clarity or side by side for enormous kick. Use them as a high quality PA. For those occasions where true bass response is paramount, monitor your recordings with them. They really are that 'HiFi'! And the entire rig will still fit on the back seat of your compact hatch[/size][/font]
[/list]
[/list]
Sale only (no trades) I'm afraid

Edited by Clarky

Long shot but I would also p/x against a two-channel Series 4 Acoustic Image Clarus head (so I can slot this into my Ten2 combo; currently I only have the single-channel head); or against an EA Wizzy M-line 12 cab (just this specific model); or a smaller Acme cab (lighter in weight at least) such as the Full Range 12

Hi there. Many thanks for the offer but I already have an Acoustic Image Ten2 combo so really I am after cash or the items mentioned in my second post. Your combo looks very interesting (I had to google and discovered its a DB specific combo) but I am happy with Acoustic Image and Euphonic Audio based rigs.

[quote name='Gypsyfolk' timestamp='1360612210' post='1973444']
I have a sr technology b300 combo I'd trade for it.
[/quote]
Thinking on, maybe a double bass-playing BCer would want your combo as they are very DB specific and seemingly quite rare [url="http://www.doctorbass.net/en/producto.asp?id=1000172008&idfam="]http://www.doctorbas...00172008&idfam=[/url] Perhaps if you advertised for sale here we could set up a three-way deal, assuming you found a buyer?

Edited by Clarky

These just don't seem to have the profile they deserve over here.

They are quite simply sensationally good cabs and anyone who is remotely interested in hearing exactly what the sound of their bass and amp combination actually is, should give them a go. When not at gigs, you can use them as full range reference monitors in your project studio - I kid thee not - they are that good!

4 ohms version is good to maximise the power from most amps into one cab - you do need to feed LowB's quite a lot to bring them to life.

I have two already or I would be PM'ing you so have a little Acme bump from me.

Cheers

Ed

Off to evilBay :(. Will of course pull listing (if no offers received by then) to sell to a BCer and would entertain offers just below my indicated BC sale price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130857908322?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Edited by Clarky

No offers yet on eBay so still willing to pull listing for any interested BCer. Would cut to £400 posted via economy (48 hour) delivery service. If these amps had the UK awareness of say Barefaced someone would have snapped my hand off for this already!

[quote name='BB2000' timestamp='1362082936' post='1995608']
I don't think this would have lasted a day on talkbass - unfortunately as a group we Basschatter's certainly are a "Dedicated follower of fashion"!
[/quote]
Absolutely, maybe I should have re-badged my Acme as "Bare-arsed" :lol: