Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello BC

Captain Codpiece

Hello basschat peoples.

here is the wee story of the captain :)
Im from Newcastle, but now rside in durham (no not the prison LOL)

i started playing since 96, in a band named BLUE LABEL.
initially it was pink floyd and the beatles that inspired my playing, but all along there was an undercurrent of something greater bubbling underneath it all......... then i found out that as a kid i used to sit and listen to a record we had aquired at a jumble/car boot sale (this was about 85, i was 5 LOL)....... turns out that record was odds and sods. i had been an entwistle fan all along. so my focus changed from simple basslines to thundering ox style :)

my first bass was some strange home painted hack job that i got off a friend of a friend........ well after seeing the bootleg beatles a few years later (within without you solo on cello) i got some pliers and yanked the frets, LOL that got smashed in true townshend style when i moved :)

then my bass family has grown since.
tanglewood MM copy, added a P pickup :)
yamaha BBG5a, later moddd with basslines MM and wilkinson P5, then a Basslines 3 band eq
epi thunderbird (wedding present from the Mrs)
fender Jag bass, SD basslines stacked jazz, fret fx side LEDs and soon an EMG BTS
fender pink paisley P RI
another yamaha BBG5a, i always wanted a flame topped one :) currently gutted awaiting mods LOL
a few el cheapo ebay just for the hell of it basses (florentine LP bass, fretless 6 and an 8 string (has lanepoors in it HAHAHA))
then my little beauties arrived :)

status graphite B2 all black LED side dots (ah my little Mrs bought me it as the B! was no longer made :()
and
my sandberg PM5 tobacco burst gloss neck maple board (early 30th B day present)

i am currently using a behringer 410 combo, but looking to get a tube preamp ashdown of some sort pretty soon.

i also have various stomp boxes and multi FX L6 pod x3L being my main noise maker.

i am starting a band at the moment with a one of my wifes school friends, we are auditioning drummers ATM so keep an ear out for AFTERLIFE a newcastle/durham based rock covers band with aims to maybe start dabbling with our own tunes.

Edited by Captain Codpiece

Ayup, Captain!

Welcome in our midst.
I'm happy you're not in prison. Whilst we have been welcoming to jailbirds before, I would be concerned about the basses' health in that tiny, humid room.

You have a very smart wife indeed - making you get used to receive all your basses from a loved one. Moment she sees one she doesn't recognise, she knows you're being unfaithful. Genious even, I'd say.

Enough with the nonsense. I hope you partake in and enjoy the banter.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor