Why become a member? ×

Hello from Switzerland !!!

fuzzonaut

Hello everybody

Finally got around to sign in, I have been a „silent reader“ for some time. Lotsa great information around.

I started playing bass, or let’s say messing around with it, about 25 years ago, using my brothers stuff. Whenever his amp caught on fire (London City) he decided to give up electrically amplified instruments in general and sold me his gear for almost no money. Since then, I never had any lessons, never used a plectrum, still don’t know any chords – but I’m definitely having fun.

Have been in a 3-piece-band (guitar, bass, drums) for about 10 years, doing space rock. When the band broke up and the drummer left, we just kept going as a 2-guys-thing: guitar and bass. It’s more droney now, less rock, but still spacey. Anyway.

As you can see below, there is quite some equipement around. I split the signal, using 2 amps, with a cab each, putting effects on both or just one of the amps. No effects board, I usually (re-)link them acording to my mood.

I’m seriously thinking about getting a 2x12“ cab that might fit in with the other 2 cabs, so that I’ll drive 10“, 12“, 15“ and 18“ speakers at the same time.

Well, that’s about it, I guess.

Cheers and of course [i]slanté[/i]

Marco aka fuzzonaut

Hey Marco,

Welcome to BC, or at least the visible part of it.
Your plan sounds great, roughly, but is sadly lacking the 6" and 8" cabs that would put the dot on the "i". ;)

I like you already. Then again, Switzerland and Norway do have a lot in common.
However, soon, some Loon on here will tell you that Switzerland and Scotland have a lot in common as well, but you just disregard that (sorry - inside joke).

Anyway, enjoy it here, and don't be a stranger!

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

Welcome Marco,

Switzerland eh? The home of the not so famous Munz bars. I'm that loon Bert was on about (thanks Bert) Half Swiss as my mother was from Schaffhausen. I'm actually off there in June to visit relatives and see an old friend. I'll be driving from Geneva to my aunties In Schaff. Anyway, I suppose I'd better say some bass related stuff........bass blah blah blah effects blah blah blah....fingers blah blah.......wait a min, wow, I've just had the most vivid de ja vue!!!

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1360066061' post='1964180']
Just let me know about those toll roads, the route shows loads of em!!
[/quote]
For (almost) anything called motorway you need a sticker, costs you 40 swiss francs. Check this, it's in English.
http://www.autobahnen.ch/index.php?lg=001&page=014
Plan B: Trying to stay on "country" roads to save that .... well, you will do a lot more miles and probably spent around 20 or so on extra gas anyway - if you don't get lost.
Plan C: Forget the sticker and don't get caught!