Why become a member? ×

New Amp & Cab Time

B@rD

Hello all,

I've been trolling through the forums for some time now, reading various reviews, points, avoids etc. & feel like I have a better knowledge due to this.

However, the Mrs has agreed to me "Upgrading" the gear & now I'm having a proper panic up with all the
choices out there :blink:

If anyone has any advice for this, help much appreciated.

I usually play with the Yamaha BB bass through an old Peavey Black Widow combo, which has been fine for rehearsals, but a bit more room for movement is needed now, with the odd Pub gig thrown in as well.
Typical style of Rock & Blues.

Been looking at the TC Electronic BH500 with a BC 2x12 & 2x10 (had 20 mins on them at local).
Might even step to a RH450 instead of the BH500 ??

Now I know there are loads of different rigs to choose from, but can really only line up half a dozen to test out.
Million dollar question - What ones to arrange for sound tests at local store ??
I only mentioned the TC, as they seemed pretty good sound to me and very good "Bang for Buck".
Open to anything really, just don't want to commit £1000 to £1400 on the gear & then have an "Oh Bollox" moment :huh: :huh:

Any advice on this is really going to help.

Thanks..

The best way I`ve found of buying an amp is go to see local bands, and when you hear a killer bass tone, that`s the amp to get. Over the past few years I`ve had so many set-ups, and although they were all great, none were ever exactly right. And then it hit me, every time I`ve been to see bands and loved the bassists sound, it invariably was a Markbass set-up. So I went and bought one. And couldn`t be happier.

So reviews and recommendations can get you so far, as can trying out an amp in a shop, but hearing one in the mix, at band levels, well that`s the decider for me.