Why become a member? ×

Hello from California!

xray

Decided you're intellect, imagination and humour deserve further examination so I joined. I'm a part time worship bassist that's been playing about 4 years. Classic rock, blues and praise music is my thing, although, I love Simon Gallup and the Cure about as much as my kids.

Don't know if Paul Wolfe frequents this site or not, but I find his Youtube videos and instructional site to be very applicable to my progress as I countinuely "try" to become a better bassist. To me it's the best thing out there besides private lessons which I can't afford.

Yes, sadly I'm in the over 50 club! Cheers

Thanks for the swell comments!! :lol: The great thing about playing bass is you never master it and you learn something new every day. Looking forward to all your insight on improving my skills.

I have the staples: a AV P bass and AV jazz and a Gibson Thunderbird (my Cure go to ax) playing through a Ampeg SVT-CL with a GB Neo 2x12..Church is solid DI. Still haven't bought into the whole Class D amp thingy. Love to get my hands on one of the small Ashdown tube amps LB-30 or the CTN-15.
Later

[quote name='xray' timestamp='1359141362' post='1950747']
Decided you're intellect...
[/quote]

Sorry, i just found that beautifully ironic :D

Welcome, our transatlantic, god fearing, bass playing, surfing, reading friend! I'm sure you'll find plenty here to read, surf, fear, and play with. Oh yes, it's a real Aladdin's cave of stuff!

Anyway, enjoy! Swing low, sweet chariot... of bass!