Why become a member? ×

Interesting Bass

BetaFunk

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1359599254' post='1957449']
Well that's quite the post!

First up I am a little more than an armchair expert but I don't expect everyone to know that and my day job is not public knowledge for good reason.

The bass is for sale on ebay, I have never seen it or heard it so can pass judgement only on a few photos and your description. From the photos it looks like there is a split in the wood of the neck and that 2 pieces are coming apart or as I said before delaminating.

Perhaps this is a trick of the light or growth patterns in the wood but like I say all I have are your pictures. My judgement was made on the images and that alone.

As for wood drying and curing I really could bore you at length about it but I am sure nobody wants to read it.

It may well be a super bass, in fact it likely is as you do seem to know your instruments but going off on a mad one because of a post based on an iffy looking photo is hardly the way I would deal with this, a quick post here or PM and I would have deleted my comments happily in view of the new knowledge you provided.
[/quote]

Yeah perhaps going off on a 'mad one' wasn't the way.
But whooooaaa dude slaggin' off a mans bass...
you stepped on my blue suede shoes, what was I suppose to do??..I'm a bassist not a guitarist :lol: :lol:

Haha,

Thanks for the reply, I will as a par for the course remove my previous post now I have more details.

It doesn't look a bad bass, you are right that the pickups are probably worth what the bids are at currently! Just that one photo looks iffy.

Lets just be grateful neither of us are guitarists, wars have started over less amongst those 6 string folk.