Why become a member? ×

slab66

slab66

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1371494972' post='2114637']
The indoor clips sound a lot better and a lot more authentic than the outdoor clip - any idea if a different amp was being used? The more I watch them, the more I want one. :gas:
[/quote]It's a Marshall 400W valve head. I want to do one using the HIWATT too!! That particular slab had the brass nut fitted.

One of my slabs is going up for auction at the WHO convention in September. It will be a 'Brit-Slab' in blonde. all proceeds are going to the Teenage Cancer Trust. I believe it will demoed at the 'Who's Next' slot and left on stage for anyone to have a go. It's on the convention website.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1368358324' post='2076006']
Oooh, forgot to add, even with the truss rod access at the heel, the walnut cap/plug at the headstock (Like all the current 50's reissue maple necks), would still be an issue for me on a replica of these. For me, it has to be a maple cap, nice clean headstock, truss at heel, no skunk stripe. They 'aint cheap though. I even struggled to find a luthier who would even consider making one for me. As a one-off, personal bass, it's fine to go to that extent, but others may not want to pay for that level of anoracky attention to detail. I just happen to be extremely obsessive, anal, sad, OCD, call it what you will, when it comes to Fender Basses. :unsure:
[/quote]Talking to a guy from Fender now about the necks. I can exactly the correct neck for, $500 a pop! Oh, yes! Fender consider us Brits not worthy to export to, so I can't even get them!!!! Correction! I am now having Warmoth make my necks! Maple capped with truss rod at heel no skunk stripe, no rosewood bung!

Edited by slab66

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another one of my slabs. I've fitted an Allparts neck to this one along with the superb Babicz Full Contact Bridge. Not quite as bright as the maple capped but the bone nut and Babicz more than compensates. I think these Babicz's are just amazing!!!! You can really drop that action so low. Personally, I couldn't give a toss about the skunk stripe as it's all about the feel and sound. Nothing is set in stone here! Just loving the sound from this!!! It's more like 'Live at Leeds' than 'Live at Leeds'!!!!!

Just to say, One of these slabs will be auctioned off at the WHO Convention in September for the Teenage Cancer Trust. It's a great cause and it would be great if we could all get behind it. http://www.thewhoconvention.com/auctions

Edited by slab66

[quote name='slab66' timestamp='1375860300' post='2166471']
Just to say, One of these slabs will be auctioned off at the WHO Convention in September for the Teenage Cancer Trust. It's a great cause and it would be great if we could all get behind it. [url="http://www.thewhoconvention.com/auctions"]http://www.thewhocon...on.com/auctions[/url]
[/quote]

I'm hoping to get along to that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...