Why become a member? ×

Orange Terror Bass settings

jackers

• 2 weeks later...

No point starting a new thread!

Just been playing around with mine, and was surprised to see someone describe it here as mid scooped. Does anyone else find this?
I was messing around trying to get is as close as possible to the Ampeg Fliptop model on my Zoom B3, and found I had to pull the mids right down and the treble and bass full up.

I had no reference so my ears and brain were lost by the end I'm sure, but I found myself preferring it with the mids down low - it didn't sound to scooped to me (but as I said, my ears not have been best placed to judge it by then!)

So, currently: Gain: 9 o clock, Treble: Max, Mids: Min, Bass: Max - using an American Special FSR Precision with fresh LaBella flats (I'm preety sure the freshness of the strings contributes to what I don't like!) and an Orange SP212 cab.

We'll see how it goes with a band tomorrow.

Edited by Ramirez

• 2 weeks later...

thread bump

just got myself a bt1000! hopefully getting shipped to me via a nice basschatter tomoz!

wondering if the setting here are transferable as the 1000 seems to have cut and boost written on the eq with 12 o clock looking to be flat have they changed the eq slightly on the 1000w version?

andy

• 4 weeks later...