Why become a member? ×

Hi all

danthevan

Stumbled across this place whilst searching for something (can't even remember what now, and it was only yesterday!)

Looks like a mighty fine place with some proper clever people around.

Been playing on and off for around 15 years now, but haven't done much in the last 6 or 7 years, kids and wives getting in the way! Just recently joined a local covers band, doing your standard run of the mill rock covers. We're all rather half arsed about it, so a gig a month and we're busy!

Built myself a music shed at the end of the summer (wife wanted chickens, so the compromise for her chicken shed was me getting a 10ft square summer house), and got a nice little recording setup down there, with electric drumkit (midlife crisis impulse buy!)

Looking forward to learning off you guys, and hopefully give some limited advice back!

First question to start with............. what do all the knobs do on my Ibanez?! Only had it a few months and still not 100% sure what they all do........

Dan

Hey that's me that is,

Welcome to basschat.

Nobs eh? Well as far as mine goes its got 5
1 for volume 1 to pan 1 for the pots 1 go faster nob 1 and 1 to turn the drummer off it's great! Hope it helps, if not, tell what kind you have.

Cheers Leen

Edited by Leen2112

Hey Dan,

Welcome to BC!
Many here know about kids and wives getting in the way indeed. You're not alone.

As a noob, I can't recognise your Ibanez. What model is it?
Normally one would expect the other knowb to be along the lines of treble attenuator and pickup mix.
If you don't hear that, maybe there's a loose thread somewhere, or your reproduction gear lacks treble? Idunno. Just shouting out quick thoughts.

Anyway, ask away and enjoy the site!

best,
bert