Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone seen...?

Urban Bassman

The new bass from 2013 PRS - Gary Grainger 4 and 5

http://www.prsguitars.com/garygrainger4/

Looks like it's a production bass and not a special/private stock item. Can't seem to find a price for it as yet...but I would expect it be many £Ks. But I have to say I'm feeling more than a little GAS-ey for it... :gas:

DV 247 has a bit about it here:

http://www.dv247.com/news/PRS%20Introduces%20New%20Grainger%20Bass%20Guitars/133373

Does anyone else know any more about it?

I dropped off a mate's PRS guitar at the distributor's warehouse last year (for its regular free service, which can't be bad). While I was there I asked if they had any basses in. The friendly chap brought out a private stock one for me to have a look at. All I can say is that if that was a typical example, then they're a bit of an acquired taste to look at. It was a very garish bright green with rather tasteless gold hardware.

This one looks a bit easier on the eye (to me, anyway), but I think I'll stick to hankering after a Corvette $$ with fancy grain instead.

Several of my guitarist buddies use PRS guitars and I've always been impressed by the build quality, sound and finish of thier guitars. From the pics it looks like these basses will have the same attention to detail. There seems to be a many different finish and hardware options, some of which would look fab I'm sure. Would love to have a go on one....one day...hopefully.