Why become a member? ×

Hartke Bass Attack pedal

Pow_22

Wohooo, i just won one of these on Hartke's Facebook competition. Never been a pedal user myself so not sure whether ill keep it or sell it on. One question tho - i dont like having pedals in the way on the floor so ill probably velcro it to the top of my amp. Can i use my Hartke's effects loop to use this pedal or should i just run it normally (i.e a patch lead from the pedal output to the amps input).

Cheers guys. Like i say im not normally a pedal guy but i noticed a few reviews on the pedal praising its Valve emulation. Id like to give it a go just for that, ill use it normally then rather than putting it in the loop. Wil dig out some sticky back velcro and a patch cable and give it a whirl

Well, it landed last night. Havent had chance to put it thru its paces yet and have a proper play with it. Would be interested to hear peoples settings on these. I plan to use my amp completely flat and let the pedal dial in the tone. The manual comes with some recomended settings but all have funny names like ''Schism, creamy, roundabout'' etc. Im hopefully trying to get a slight valvey breakup in the lower notes and a bit of sparkle in the highs with my '76 flats loaded P throught the HA5500 and soon to arrive VX215

I gigged with one for a while. Great sounding pedal, and I loved the grind you get off it. Great for the mid scooped slap bass tone too. the only downside for me was that if you have the gain quite high on it, when you hit either of the pedals on, there is quite a big jump in volume. I ended up using mine constantly on (which was ashame as I really wanted to use it as a dirt pedal). Built like a tank too - which is nice!