Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3 or Stomplab

Skinnyman

I'm thinking of getting a multi-fx unit and was initially attracted to the Vox Stomplab, largely on the grounds of price. But then I'm also looking at the Zoom B3 and wondering whether it's worth the extra. I have a Zoom R24 recorder/audio interface which I think is brilliant so I'm a fan of Zoom kit....but do I really need to spend the extra on a B3?

I've had a Digitech unit which, to be honest, did very little for me - I found it a pain to use and wasn't that enamoured with the sounds I got.

I'm not too bothered about the DI or Audio Interface capability or a looper (although they're nice-to-haves). This is primarily something to use when gigging so I'm also not too bothered about cab simulation - I just like the idea of having one box that contains a stack of separate "pedals" from which I can quickly and easily select a couple to use in specific situations. The main fx I can see a use for are chorus, delay, a Big Muff soundalike and possibly something to give a little overdrive/valve tone - but not all at the same time. Ease of use is a big factor for me - once I've played around with parameters and got a sound I like, I want to be able to call it up again quickly and easily without having to tap like Fred Astaire on speed....

right now, I'm leaning towards the B3as I'm pretty sure it will do what I want but it could be overkills so if anyone with experience of the Stomplab can tell me whether the Vox will do the job I'm after, then I'm hapy to go with it and save myself a stack of cash.....

I've read good things about the B3 - people who have them seem to love them - not a lot as yet about the Stomplab so I'd like to know if anyone has used both of these units and what were your impressions?