Why become a member? ×

Fender Aerodyne P-Bass - TRADED

PURPOLARIS

I need to put a few basses up for sale as I've got a ski holiday coming up and plane fares from South Africa for my son to get here but anyway we'll see what sells first.

I've recently joined a new band and could be doing with a 5 string again (thin neck) so if you've got anything that you'd like to trade I'd be open to that also as some of this fund is going towards that.

2nd of my Basses up for sale is this Honey Blonde Aerodyne Precision I recently aquired this Bass from Mike (Basskit_Case) and it is as he described below. I prefer a flatter neck profile so while this Bass is immaculate the neck profile isn't quite to my liking. My main Bass at the moment is my Ibanez 1300 premium, I gues that neck profile has been spoiling me.

This is a 2005/6 honey blonde version of the Aerodyne Precision, currently strung with flats, it is in excellent condition.

it has no buckle rash, just the usual finish swirls, the only mark I can find is on the bottom edge of the bass I have tried to show it in pictures below.

I'd like £480 for this preferably Bank transfer but will accept Paypal gift.

Edited by PURPOLARIS

Wikipedia is your friend.

The Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass is an electric bass guitar created by Fender and was introduced to the US market in late 2004.

The Aerodyne Jazz Bass is usually equipped with a split single-coil 'p-bass' pickup at the mid position and a single-coil pickup from a Jazz Bass at the bridge position. A number of Japanese domestic market 'non-export' models also come in a standard Jazz Bass' configuration. The bass is fitted with one volume knob per pickup, plus a master tone knob. The body outline is shaped like the Jazz Bass, though substantially lighter (the Aerodyne Jazz Bass weighs about 7 pounds, compared to the 10 pounds of the standard Jazz Bass). It's also slightly thinner than a traditional Jazz Bass body, due to its unusual 39 inch top radius unique to the Aerodyne series. The radius of the top means that the bridge is actually inset slightly into the top of the body. The Aerodyne Jazz Bass has a standard 1.5 inch nut width, a very slim "C" shaped neck and 20 medium jumbo frets.

The Aerodyne Jazz Bass has various cosmetic features that differ greatly from similar Fender basses. The 'export model' is only available in black, with a matching black headstock facing, smoked chrome hardware and no pickguard. The neck features dot inlays, but only on the side; the fretboard has no markers on the front. There is cream binding that goes around the front perimeter of the body and newer instruments have a Stratocaster output jack while the earlier instruments have a quarter-inch jack mounted directly in the wood on top of the body.

Fender Aerodyne Classic Precision Bass Special

This variant has a radiused, carved basswood Precision Bass body with cream binding and flamed maple top, P/J pickups, Jazz Bass neck with a 20-fret stained rosewood fingerboard with aged pearloid dot inlays, matching headstock and a 3-ply white pickguard. It was introduced in 2006, and was offered in Natural, Blue, and Crimson Red Transparent finishes.

• 2 weeks later...