Why become a member? ×

Fender Geddy Lee Question?

vmaxblues

[quote name='vmaxblues' timestamp='1357765171' post='1928163']
Hi guys,

I am trying to find a black scratchplate for a Fender Japan Geddy Lee Jazz, don't want to fiddle around with a pattern one.

Any ideas who might do them in the UK?

Cheers

Stuart
[/quote]

I know you asked for UK, but I am in USA and recently ordered and received a pickguard from Terrapin Guitars (www.terrapinguitars.com). They ship internationally. They offer a lot of choices, and they give customers the option of buying a laser-cut mock-up from them ($5) before you buy the pickguard, so that you can make sure the pickguard will be a precise match. I did this. Pickguards range from about $33 to $49. You're probably aware that a Geddy Lee jazz pickguard is hard to find; fit depends on where it's made. I'd recommend them.

tg

I gave Howard the Bass Doc my stock white one as a template and he made me a lovely BWB one which has been on my GL ever since B)

He still has the white one in case of other similar enquiries. Mine was made ca. 2009, so if you do enquire, make sure you tell him what year yours was made as I believe there are subtle differences...

PM me if you would like his phone number (he has internet-related problems at the moment...).

Edited by Conan