Why become a member? ×

My 3rd solo bass release 'LOOM'

Captain Bass

3rd solo album - entitled '[b]LOOM[/b]'.

Continuing to use ONLY a bass guitar in these progressive metal influenced compositions.

I ran my bass through a lot of guitar amps/fx to get a lot of the background distortion tones.

(this is my last Metal/Progressive Rock release for a while, my next material is gonna be lot more easy listening and not so genre specific)

1. Cloak & Dagger
2. Spirit Molecule
3. Loom
4. The Chaos Engine
5. Obsession Possession

You can buy this EP from my website [url="http://www.andysaxton.com"]www.andysaxton.com[/url]

[b]5 track Preview:[/b]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg0uWwrmv2I[/media]

Edited by Captain Bass

Hey Andy

Congrats on getting all this together - I really admire your playing and sheer patience and skill to get this stuff sounding as great as it does. I've said before this isn't exactly my bag but that's not to say I don't enjoy it far from it - and while I think it's beyond criticism as these are just personal observations - but for me what I'd love to hear you do is work up soem of this stuff with a live drummer - that would take this stuff to yet another level - but also some more experimental parts and open harmonic / melodic bits would be great too. Just food for thought - love what you are doing and hats off to you for making it all sound so good.

Mike

Cheers Urb, as we both know working on solo projects can be very tedious, I have reached out to a few talented drummers I know but in this genre they are more concerned about jamming with guitarists.

This is my last EP in this genre for a while. I'm currently working on some new stuff that is totally different and is inspiring me in a different way.

Thanks again buddy!

Can I respectfully ask how many copies of these projects you guys sell? I know how many cds an average UK jazz release sells (max 500) and just wondered what kind of turnover projects like yours creates. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to discuss this on-line.

Or feel free to tell me to f*** off and mind my own business :lol: