Why become a member? ×

Need a little help...

tischbein

actually some serious suggestions would do, hehehhe... I am trying to learn this baseline from this video:

BUT, I am not quick enough to pick it up.. is there a way to slow the video down.. or how would you people go about learning this bassline..
Thx.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abNQg6yuF04[/media]

trick i use if a lines particularly difficult is to listen to a little chunk say one line of the verse at a time and then try to imitate it without the track and then with the track and repeat as necessary makes an impossible song into possible chunks

disclaimer i've not listened to the yt clip as it wont work for me so just some general advice

Edited by Chrismanbass

How good are your ears? Do you work most songs out by listening to them? As above, try working it out in chunks, get that down and as you go perhaps note it down if your memory isn't the best? It works for me, I like to be able to visually see what it is I am playing, helps me get the groove and feel down especially if it's in notation as opposed to tab!

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1356905787' post='1915086']
trick i use if a lines particularly difficult is to listen to a little chunk say one line of the verse at a time and then try to imitate it
[/quote]

This is how I do it also. With that video clip, I would work on say, the first 30 or 40 seconds. When I can play that comfortably, I move on to the next 30 or 40 seconds etc. Then amalgamate all the "chunks".

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1357001595' post='1916330']
You could always download the clip and load it into VLC to slow down the video. Problem is that it'll also change the pitch.

If it were me I'd download the audio and load it into Best Practice.
[/quote]

or you can download the video and import it in Audacity, then you can slow it down without changing the pitch.

[quote name='MrTaff' timestamp='1357002277' post='1916333']
or you can download the video and import it in Audacity, then you can slow it down without changing the pitch.
[/quote]
Does Audacity do video now then? I haven't upgraded for years.

Edit: Ah I see, it can import the audio from video files.

Edited by Musky