Why become a member? ×

Need the manual for my amp

Gary1964

Hi everyone, I have just acquired This Ashdown ABM-C115-300 bass combo and i am trying to find a copy of the manual & tech specs, I have looked online and found one, but the picture of the controls are different in respect that mine has 2 input's 1 high, 1 low. In the manual it shows 1 input with 2 switches, I also have a cable coming out of the back with a jack plug on it and I would like to know what it's for. If any one can help I will be very grateful. Cheeers. I will post photo's when able only for some unknown reason it wont let me upload

I suspect the differences are down to the year of manufacture differences between the manual and your amp maybe?

As for pics, a link to photos on Flickr/photobucket/otherhostingsite... still works cos you just paste the html link thingy into your post...

[quote name='Gary1964' timestamp='1356895632' post='1914894']
Hi everyone, I have just acquired This Ashdown ABM-C115-300 bass combo and i am trying to find a copy of the manual & tech specs, I have looked online and found one, but the picture of the controls are different in respect that mine has 2 input's 1 high, 1 low. In the manual it shows 1 input with 2 switches, I also have a cable coming out of the back with a jack plug on it and I would like to know what it's for. If any one can help I will be very grateful. Cheeers. I will post photo's when able only for some unknown reason it wont let me upload
[/quote]

I suspect the cable with the jackplug is connected to the internal speaker of the combo like on the Ashdown EB 150 combo I used to have.

check out the pdf on this page. Might be of use, shown high/low inputs.

[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=75"]http://www.ashdownmu...etail.asp?ID=75[/url]

edit: just seen that new pic of yours - doesn't match that!

Edited by Angel

[quote name='Gary1964' timestamp='1356942553' post='1915311']
Hi and thanks for your replies here is a link to photos

[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/gary1964/sets/72157632392542846/[/media]
[/quote]

Have you inserted the jackplug into a speaker output yet? It connects the amp to the speaker. It will be very quiet (ie silent) until you do.

pics a big help!

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1357225422' post='1919364']
Have you inserted the jackplug into a speaker output yet? It connects the amp to the speaker. It will be very quiet (ie silent) until you do.
[/quote]

this! that connection is so you can plug in the internal speaker and then either add an 8ohm cab or disconnect the internal speaker and use 2 external 8 ohm cabs!

Looks essentially the same to me - just a slightly different layout.

re: the inputs - yours has 2 inputs, while the manual shows a single input and a switch. So instead of leaving the instrument plugged into a single jack and pushing a button to switch between the two, you'd need to unplug the lead from yours and pop it back in the other jack socket. It doesn't really matter which one you use - just go for whichever one sounds best. Personally, I'd prefer the 2 jack arrangement, like yours has.

As others have said, the jack plug hanging out the back should be connected to the internal speaker. You'll need to pop it into one of the speaker outputs to make it work, or leave it unplugged and you can use external speaker/s you wish - minimum load 4Ohm, so a single 4Ohm cab or a pair of 8Ohm cabs. The internal speaker will be 8Ohm, so you'll get less than the max. power from the unit if you only use the internal speaker...something like 200Watts, I'd guess.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all your replies, I have a problem as the transformer has failed and i need to get a replacement, I have got in touch with ashdown but they haven't got any and are waiting for supplies, i was just wandering if anyone knows of where i might be able to get one from

[attachment=127415:100_4239.JPG]