Why become a member? ×

Finally I get round to intro myself

Mark Dixon

Hey there fellow bass players..

My name's Mark, and I must confess to playing bass (off and on) for 28 years.

I've still got my first bass (a Wal Pro I) that I bought in 1984.

I've bought and sold a lot of basses in addition to the Wal since 1984, and recently whittled the collection down to just 3 basses as I had got diverted into playing acoustic guitar.

Also not helped by the fact that I live in Cheshire but work in Edinburgh (long story). Doesn't make playing a bass regularly an easy task.. :(

Those 3 basses are:

1984 Wal Pro I
2011 Overwater J series
2012 Status KingBass II

Bass amp, is Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 and SL112 (well, I am 50 years old, so can't be bothered with lugging a 100lb cabinet around any more..!)

From which you can probably tell, I like to meet my maker (of the basses I play, that is), so have stuck to English made basses as I like to visit the workshop where they are made.

Just recently I cracked and bought one of the Paul Herriman made Wal MkI basses. This was the bass I always meant to buy to go with the Pro I that I had owned for so long.

Sadly the Overwater and Status have to go to pay for the Mk I Wal, I'm sure you guys know that feeling when you see the dream bass you can't really afford, but just have to have...!

So I am pleased to join you all on the forum, I don't know much about basses other than Wals, but will do my best to chip in when I can!

Mark
:D

Welcome Mark,

I've got to say, my biggest reason for playing bass has to be on hearing Power Windows by Rush and I had to find out what bass he played on It, turned out to be a Wal. Way above my price range. I do have an Overwater and have met Chris and visited the workshop.....interesting place. Anyway enjoy the forum.

Cheers Leen