Why become a member? ×

The BC Book Club : 2 new titles - 'read and pass on' basis

The Admiral

As you will be aware, the first rule of BC Book Club is that you don't talk about BC Book Club... so...... shhhh

The Guy Pratt book has been doing the rounds for years on BC I think, and I have 2 more titles to lob into the circuit :

Steven Adler : My appetite for destruction

Status Quo : XS All areas (Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt)

Both pretty good in their own way. I'm not a huge fan of either band, but the Quo one is by far and away the better of the two, not least because Rossi and Parfitt are funny guys and have some great stories.

Steven Adler was kicked out of G&R for taking too many drugs I believe, which is a feat in itself I would think, and he doesn't come across that well in the book. Clearly the guy has issues, but if you like a vicarious thrill from the sex and sleaze stories, you'll enjoy this.

PM me if interested and I'll post them out, based on the understanding that they they go into circulation on BC, with the sender covering postage costs each time they are passed on.

Cheers

Great idea...I put a couple of biographies (Eric Clapton/ Ronnie Wood) in the Raffle draw at the SE Bass Bash knowing that, since I'd found them useful and enjoyed them, somebody else would too..

I'm a great believer in books being for reading NOT for sitting on shelves - if you can share the knowledge it's got to be better than keeping it on a bookshelf.

Go on guys..... The Stephen Adler book is awesome my fave rock biog I have read it 4 times , the slash one is ok too , didnt like the duff one so much but it may grow on me after another read. The Stephen are one is my fave though and I have read /collected a few . The mistaken one is quite good. I want the glen Hughes one . I recently bought the hardback of life by keef Richards but have read it before and am waiting a bit to read again, most ronnie wood ones are good too

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1356725093' post='1913017']
Great idea...I put a couple of biographies (Eric Clapton/ Ronnie Wood) in the Raffle draw at the SE Bass Bash knowing that, since I'd found them useful and enjoyed them, somebody else would too..

[/quote]

I won the Ronnie Wood book, thanks Greek.
Interesting read, and contains some nice illustrations by Ronnie himself.
I'd be happy to pass it on if anyone's interested.