Why become a member? ×

Interview with Nolly from Periphery!

lxxwj

If you haven't seen this already..

[url="http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2012/12/20/getting-heavier-an-interview-with-peripherys-adam-nolly-getgood/"]http://www.notreble....-nolly-getgood/[/url]

What do you guys think? As a metal bass player myself, I'm interested in what he's talking about with putting out some gear for us bass players!

Edited by lxxwj

he's certainly made the right choice of overdrive for metal/punk. Darkglass is the dog's !

then he 'models' that sound for ease of use in a live situation. very shrewd , i like that idea.

- although this has me thinking ... if you model a sound like that, do you still retain the ability to 'dig in' with more overdrive, like you do with the pedal, or is the sound 'fixed' in terms of volume/expression iykwim ? i.e. does the modelled sound 'respond' to your trigger in the same way as the pedal ? :blush:

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1356247147' post='1908291']
he's certainly made the right choice of overdrive for metal/punk. Darkglass is the dog's !

then he 'models' that sound for ease of use in a live situation. very shrewd , i like that idea.

- although this has me thinking ... if you model a sound like that, do you still retain the ability to 'dig in' with more overdrive, like you do with the pedal, or is the sound 'fixed' in terms of volume/expression iykwim ? i.e. does the modelled sound 'respond' to your trigger in the same way as the pedal ? :blush:
[/quote]
I don't think it would. It's fixed on the pedal on a certain point in time, I'm guessing. But it could be it models the pedal with a certain patch that does that, so possibly.
Personally, I'd stick with the pedal! :D