Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics bass head bh500

afterimage

If the head is at a price point you can afford and the shop does returns then why not. There's plenty of reviews about the head plus youtube videos etc.
I tried one but I didn't take to it but it's horses for courses dude, you might love it. It's a capable head with some good features and you can always return it if you don't like it.
B)

Edited by kennyrodg

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1355957670' post='1905128']
I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be.
[/quote]

Now that is an unusual response to the OP's post.

I dep frequently for a band that uses TC gear (rather use their stuff than mine!) and the bassist has this head and I'm not keen on it. Far too bassy for me. Really thumpy rather than creamy which is what I'm used to. To be fair though, that could be because of the matching TC cabs. Might be a little easier to tame with the RH cabs or any other brand.

It's f***ing loud though and the tuner, tubetone and compressor work pretty well and are very useful.