Why become a member? ×

Boogie Walkabout 15 in Scotland going very cheap and very soon

Beedster

would I be alone in thinking if you were in glasgow with the money and messaged the seller you might be able to get that? :)

Those amps are supposed to be good - never heard one though. One of the few wee things that make me look at my rig and wonder

Edited by LukeFRC

He's relisted it at the same price and to be honest, if it wasn't for the Boogie 400+ and 1516EV sitting opposite me as I type, I'd be driving to Scotland now. I've not used the 15" version and as I understand it some guys don't rate it compared to the 12" whilst for others it's the opposite and the 15" is the dog's danglies. Bottom line is that at that price you can take the risk and sell it on after Xmas for at least what you paid now.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1355874769' post='1904028']
He's relisted it at the same price and to be honest, if it wasn't for the Boogie 400+ and 1516EV sitting opposite me as I type, I'd be driving to Scotland now. I've not used the 15" version and as I understand it some guys don't rate it compared to the 12" whilst for others it's the opposite and the 15" is the dog's danglies. Bottom line is that at that price you can take the risk and sell it on after Xmas for at least what you paid now.
[/quote] even cheaper 12 inch one in stoke.
Would be tempting if I had the money to try out a wee combo. Dunno if it would be upgrade on current rig. Different deff

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1355874769' post='1904028']
[/quote]

The main thing putting me off the 15 would be... The thought of carrying it.

The 12 isn't particularly heavy, but it's bloody awkward. The 15 would probably bruise you the death :-)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1356157093' post='1907464']
The main thing putting me off the 15 would be... The thought of carrying it.

The 12 isn't particularly heavy, but it's bloody awkward. The 15 would probably bruise you the death :-)
[/quote]do you use yours for the bigger gigs you do?

It's definitely more 'walkabout compared to other Boogie bass gear' as opposed to walkabout per se, and it's not light or small compared to a lot of gear by other manufacturers. However, if you want a big rig tone in a combo, it's the way to go, 'cos the alternative is a big rig that would be heavier to move. I never had any problems moving my Walkabout, which I used for everything from home practice, rehearsals and even a non-PA support outdoor gig (using an extension cab), it goes in cars, it goes upstairs easily, it goes into cupboards, and it is unobtrusive if you have to leave it in the living room or corridor. Yes, it's not the lightest bass combo, but it's probably the best all round.

C