Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Spector ReBop 4 MM

magcom1977

Hi. So I'm GASing badly for a Zon Sonus 5/2 to go with my 4/2 which means some basses have to go to build up some funds.

Here for sale is my Spector ReBop 4 MM in matte trans blue stain. It's only 3 months old and has been rarely played. As such it's as good as new with not a mark on it and no visible signs of wear.

Also included is a Spector branded gig bag.

I'm looking for £800. Of course if you have a Zon Sonus 5/2 I'd happily consider a trade.

Thanks for your interest.

Edited by magcom1977

Thanks for the good wishes Morning Star.

longtimefred - I apologise for the poor answer I'm probably about to give as I always struggle to articulate what a bass sounds like. I've never played a Musicman so can't make a comparison. I also haven't played any other Spectors so can't make a comparison there either.

However... with the tone pump, if I turn up the bass and leave the treble down relatively low I find that I get a really nice warm, beefy, blues tone when playing with fingers, which is handy as I happen to be playing a lot of blues. Mind you, when messing around, if I dial up the treble and play with a pick I'm able to get a much more shimmery metal tone. I tended to leave the pickup in single-coil mode as the dual-coil mode could sound a little boomy, not unbearably so, but I live in a studio flat so have to think of my neighbours!

• 2 weeks later...