Why become a member? ×

audere pre issue

lee650

[i]HI Guys[/i]

[i]Hope someone can help, i had an Audere pre installed in my jazz a couple of months ago, however i did not get an oppertunity to test it out as my amp is not kept at home, (that an a heavily pregnant wife keeping me busy :D ), I had a show a couple of weeks ago, and had to retire the jazz as since the the new pre was installed it has developed a very bad crackling sound while playing, it sounds a bit like somebody squashing crisp packets while im playing, as i bought this pre 2nd hand i dont know if theres a probem with the pre or if the guy who has installed it has not earthed it properly, has anybody any ideas, before i call the tech as i cant afford spending anymore cash on this bass ( especially as i became a dad again last week :) ) could it just be a case of dirty pots? it happens when i turn the knobs but also while playing.[/i]

[i]thanks loads everybody for any advice[/i]

[sup]First up, check your screening. Are you cavities lined with copper or painted with shielding paint? I hate to admit it, I had some Nordstand pickups coupled with an Audere preamp and the thing was noisy as hell. Calmed it down with a super shielding job... but I was never 100% happy.[/sup]