Why become a member? ×

BiYang CO-10 interference issues

Jack

Hey folks,

I bought some of the Mooer half price pedals recently and also picked up a budget compressor, seeing as it was also half price. Problem is, when the compressor is turned on it is awfully prone to picking up electrical interference. I can hear noises from my phone, voices from what I assume are radio transmissions and a pulsing hum. I know this pedal is cheap and I can expect it to be built as such but I have seen the biyang comps getting favorable reviews, they are even recommended to an extent by that massive compressor website database. Because of this, I don't believe the problem is endemic to the model and is probably either something broken or something I am doing wrong, can anyone help?

It's on a board second only after a Mooer Pure Boost, the effect only happens when the pedal is switched on and is intermittent. Would an isolated power supply be preferable to the daisy chain it's on now? Battery? I'm going to check these things and see if anything is obviously loose or broken when I get home tonight but if you guys could save me some time and frustration that would be great.

Sorry, I wasn't that clear reading it back. The interference only happens when the compressor is switched on, the booster seems pretty immaterial if it's on or off. I have used compressors before, but never sole pedals. I've had a few multi-effects units I've not stuck with, onboard comps on amps and plenty in the studio but it's my first bass specific, effect pedal compressor. Hence the cheaping out!

The cables are all new ones that I bought along with the effects so it could be one of those, good shout and I'll check later this evening. I tried it with a Stingray though, humbucker.