Why become a member? ×

Bands behaving badly - Queensryche split

darkandrew

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A-68ioMFgbc"]http://www.youtube.c...d&v=A-68ioMFgbc[/url]

I was quite shocked to see this footage of Queensryche drummer Scott Rockenfield being spat at by singer Geoff Tate (3'58'') during a show following his fallout with the rest of the band. There are more clips from this concert showing similar actions and one from the next gig (Geoff's final one with Queensryche) where he takes five minutes out between songs to tell the fans that had paid to come and see them that they all "suck" and then explain in full detail exactly why.

To me, this comes pretty close to being the worst example of irrational and unprofessional behaviour that I've seen from a band (or one member of it) in a long time.

Edited by darkandrew

Geoff's always seemed like a tosser to me, much as I love the band's first couple of albums and the genius that went into them. I remember them signing CDs at High Voltage festival last year, the rest of the band were lovely blokes despite me being a tad star struck, while Tate just stared disinterestedly over my shoulder and not so much as acknowledging me while signing the CD. I wouldn't mind, but why agree to a signing if you're going to behave like a miserable ******d?

Always comes across as arrogant in interviews IMO as well. Though if his current band brings their Mindcrime tour to the UK next year, I may have to overlook my dislike for the man and go see it.

Got the first 4 albums , and a compilation.
Friend gave me mp3,which I still haven't bothered with.
I think rage for order and mindcrime are the best 2.cant choose really .
Saw them on the mindcrime tour at hammy o..talk about boring. The girl dancing in the white dress,what was that about??
Saw them 2years ago with priest at Bournemouth .
They were brilliant.dont know who was the more camp that night ,)
I hate spitting!! Unhygienic cu nxt Tuesdays that do that!

I vaguely recall seeing them years ago, probably on the original Mindcrime tour. He had a hell of a voice in his day but I wasn't smitten by them as a total band. I think they were also on the lineup of a one day festival thing I saw at Milton Keynes several years ago (Deep Purple headlined) where they had some woman singing with them. It was all done as some sort of Goth Opera but in an outdoor venue in full sunshine it didn't really come off!

If Geoff Tate does decide to tour over here then I won't be going to see it. On the other hand, the previews that Queensryche, with their new singer, have made available on the internet sound promising - very much in the vain of Rage For Order and I'm looking forward to hearing the finished article.