Why become a member? ×

Pre-EB Musicman stingray 1976

bobglaub01

[color=#000000][font=Noteworthy-Light][size=4][b]Vintage Musicman Stingray in very good condition.[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Noteworthy-Light][size=4][b]it's not a Musicman Classic it's "the real thing" a 36 year old bass guitar, sunburst finish,[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Noteworthy-Light][size=4][b]maple neck and fretboard, 2 band EQ, strings through the body. nr 2941[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Noteworthy-Light][size=4][b]included the muted, This Pre-ernie ball Musicman sounds[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Noteworthy-Light][size=4][b]very fat, the bass is without case.[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Noteworthy-Light][size=4][b]from the first production year 1976[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Noteworthy-Light][size=4][b]2699 euro[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Noteworthy-Light][size=4][b]No trades[/b][/size][/font][/color]

Welcome to the forum bobglaub01. You'll probably have gathered by now that photographs of your bass are eseential for a sale. This is all the more important as you are new to the forum and haven't yet built up the necessary confidence for people to buy from you. Your bass is also worth a lot of money which means people want to have a look before they buy. Also, as this is predeminantly a UK based forum it is unlikely that a buyer will travel to Holland to see the bass in person. You must also appreciate that there have been situations where people have tried to sell non-existent basses on here. These people are usually new to the forum. For all these reasons it is hugely unlikely that you will sell your bass here without posting up pictures and giving as much information as possible about the instrument. There are real experts on this forum who can spot problems with basses, and so to build confidence it is best to be entirely honest about the bass you are selling. Having said all that, and assuming that this is a genuine attempt to sell what I am sure is a marvellous bass, all the best with the sale.

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1355092665' post='1894018']
According to the Musicman serial database this one has been registered as having a 1977 neck, with a 76 body. Sunburst with black pickguard.
[/quote]
I date musicman basses by the newest dated part, ie my '79 was listed as an '80 but its got no body date (quite common) a '78 neck and '79 on the preamp pots hence my conclusion of '79 so for me any bass listed as '76 should have detailed pics of everything and nothing manufactured at least after '76. :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1355137451' post='1894421']
I date musicman basses by the newest dated part, ie my '79 was listed as an '80 but its got no body date (quite common) a '78 neck and '79 on the preamp pots hence my conclusion of '79 so for me any bass listed as '76 should have detailed pics of everything and nothing manufactured at least after '76. :)
[/quote]

I agree. There's a '77 listed on eBay at the moment that has mid '78 pots, therefore its at least a '78 bass, I contacted the seller, who, unsurprisingly, failed to respond, or revise the listing!