Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Busking / Battery Powered / Rechargeable Bass Amp ?

coffee_king

Roland Microcube - here's an ad for it (out of stock here but some retailer's bound to have one) http://www.andertons.co.uk/combo-amps/pid13888/cid691/roland-bass-microcube-rx-batterymains-powered-bass-ampfree-6m-lead.asp?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping

There was a similar question some time ago where a car battery and mains inverter was suggested as a possibility. Then someone posted here about seeing some buskers actually using such a set up, so it seems a feasible solution.

With everything strapped to a luggage trolley, it could be a reasonably portable outfit - depending on the exact circumstances of course.

It was me regarding the inverter. I guess the cost of an inverter plus what I think were caravan batteries would be more than the cost of a Roland but they did mean you could get a real meaty sound, I could hear the Bass right down Camden High Street!

BTW The Roland is £160 at Thomann plus 10 euros postage....

Edited by yorks5stringer