Why become a member? ×

Photos will not upload

blunderthumbs

Why do I keep getting a red error message everytime I try to attach files for upload??

I select a pic from my Pictures file.
Click upload.
Click attach file.
Then I keep getting the above RED error message saying "NO FILE WAS ATTACHED FOR UPLOAD."
I have been chatting to MB1 and he is having the same problems as me.
WTF !!!!

There's been a fair few threads like this recently (in the last week). The site was hacked recently and not all of the functionality has been restored while they are waiting for security fixes and someone to actually do the work.

In the meantime it's best to use an image host like Photobucket to put images in your posts. IMO this is a better choice anyway because firstly it reduces the load on the Basschat server and bandwidth requirements and secondly the images will appear at a decent size within your post automatically and not rely on uses having click them to see them properly.

Until the upload functionality gets restored, which doesn't look like being any time soon, you are either going to have to get to grips with Photobucket or make do without photos in your posts. TBH Photobucket is very simple to use once you've done it once. I've posted instructions in couple of the other threads recently dealing with site problems, so a quick search should reveal all.

It might be an idea if a Mod posted a sticky with a beginners guide to Photobucket (and similar sites) and how to use images hosted on it in your posts until the image upload issue has been fixed.