Why become a member? ×

Carwash

Major mental breakthrough for me last night as we played carwash for the first time.

I think I missed a few notes in the fancy run a few times but in general I was pleased that I had committed to doing it as 6 months ago I would never have dreamt that I could play it.

This forum has really got me fired up again with my bass playing and is a constant source of fun and inspiration so a big thank you to you all

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='196403' date='May 11 2008, 10:54 AM']This forum has really got me fired up again with my bass playing and is a constant source of fun and inspiration so a big thank you to you all[/quote]
That's great to hear - makes up for the all the backbiting that's been going on here of late. A few more gigs and you'll prob be playing that bassline in your sleep!

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='196403' date='May 11 2008, 10:54 AM']Major mental breakthrough for me last night as we played carwash for the first time.

I think I missed a few notes in the fancy run a few times but in general I was pleased that I had committed to doing it as 6 months ago I would never have dreamt that I could play it.

This forum has really got me fired up again with my bass playing and is a constant source of fun and inspiration so a big thank you to you all[/quote]

Very impressive. It's one song that I just can't perfect. That hook at the end of each chorus always does me in. I can't figure out if it's slapped or tapped or just played fingerstyle and no matter how many times I practise it I still cant get it right.

[quote name='JohnR' post='196768' date='May 11 2008, 10:30 PM']I have always played it slapped. The original sounds like it was slapped to me on a bass with pretty dead strings with that nice hollow tone.[/quote]

So I definitely wont be able to play it then :) :huh: