Why become a member? ×

Useful Recording Resources

RockfordStone

OK, No 2nd Chance it is then - I'll get the stems on sound cloud asap.

There's not too much spill cos the drums are close mic'd and the vocals were overdubbed on this one.
The guitar, bass and keyboards were DI'd and we were all on headphones with a click track.

From memory the tracks are:
lead vocal
backing vocal
bass guitar
electric guitar 1
electric guitar 2
Nord lead keyboard
kick drum
snare top
snare below
hi hats
ride cymabal
djembe

There should have been an overhead drum mic, but I think I forgot to switch on the phantom power......

Anyway, I hope you have fun with it and I'll be interested to hear any results - no pressure :)

Steve.

Edited by redstriper

Does Soundcloud store full on wavs then? I know it streams them as low bitrate mp3 style stuff, which is annoying, but if you download the file do you get the original?

If so that should do the job.

Might be a good time to start a specific thread in the recording section to declare what we are doing and say the January competition is starting early (RS being as keen as a whippet)??

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1352895740' post='1868916']
Does Soundcloud store full on wavs then? [/quote]

I'm fairly certain it does. I've shared wavs via SoundCloud and they always download as the full, original files (big numbers of Megabytes!). Might be worth doing a quick test to double-check.

All 12 tracks up now.
[url="http://soundcloud.com/redstriper-mix-stems"]http://soundcloud.com/redstriper-mix-stems[/url]

There are only 3 drum tracks - kick, snare and hi hats, I forgot how minimal and simple this was and the bass guitar only uses the same 3 notes.

All tracks are mono except keys and shaker.

Please feel free to alter the arrangement, replace or add tracks and generally do whatever you like with absolutely no limits.
Apologies for any poor playing and dodgy recording quality.
I understand if it's deemed not good enough for this challenge and there is no pressure on anyone from my end.

Cheers,
Steve.

Nice and nasty mate, they'll be fine, perfect for people wanting to learning how to eq out the tricky stuff IMO, and a great example of what people home recording will find they have to deal with. Particularly evil hi-hat sound IMO, I mean, thats nasty that is ;)

Nice one!