Why become a member? ×

Four string acoustic bass's for £350-£400

Ned Gaine

Hello,

I'm looking to buy my first acoustic bass for a project i'm going to be working on. I can afford at a max of £400 and not really a penny more.
I have considered the Hofner HA-B03 [url="http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars_detail.asp?stock=10012110020429"][b][color=#3b5998]Takamine EGB2S-N[/color][/b][/url] and the Warwic Alien (basic)

Any other good bass's worth looking at for that money? Can anyone recomend ? I alsio have to be able to buy it so obsolite models arent much good at the moment.....

Thanks

Ned

Edited by Ned Gaine

Yes, I couldn't really help you on that. A long time ago I had a Kramer Ferrington, which was quite trendy at the time, but had a weird headstock that pulled the nut sideways off the neck. Much more recently I got a Warwick Alien (not the Rockbass one, because I was fairly flush at the time); and it's quite good but some way from your budget. Mind you, since the W branded ones are made in Asia, like the RB ones, maybe the RB ones might not be very different in quality, just with a different shape of cutaway. So you could take that as a roundabout recommendation of the Alien ;)

Edited to compensate for the auto-correct inflicted typos.

Edited by mart

I've got a Washburn AB10, that's about £350 ish new, and going second hand for about £200 ish, great bass for the money, tuners are a bit cheap, but a lovely skim neck and the pre/piezo sound good plugged in, slim body too, but needs an amp, I have black nylon labellas on mIne and it sounds great :) or indeed the much nicer AB 20/30 sometimes come up on here.