Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Yamaha TRB6p - £875 inc insured P&P

Rumble

Only just got this, but I know straight-away that the ergonomics just aren't going to suit me; the 6'er body is just a bit too big for my short arms. I had to get rid of my beloved Fbass for the same reason. That too was an incredible bass :(

The neck is fantastic and the tone is incredible, especially with the piezo ...... WOW!

The TRB6p is a pretty well known and 'iconic' bass so I won't bother waxing lyrical. It is was it is.

[b]Condition -[/b] I'd say pretty good for a 20+ year old bass, but I've notice the following: [list]
[*]The usual little dinks on the end of the headstock and the back of the body, and tarnishing of the hardware.
[*]There is a 3-4mm nick in the lacquer along the top edge of the neck.
[*]The left (as you look at it in the picture) truss rod has over the years slipped down by about 4-5mm, but is rock solid in that position. It still turns freely in both directions. The plastic guard to the truss rod access has taken a battering, but you don't really notice. The important thing is that you the truss rod still functions.
[/list]
[i][b]Truss Rod update[/b][/i]: after a couple of queries re the Truss Rod I have spoken to two luthiers who both reassured me that it's nothing to worry about. When the Truss Rod is loosened right off there's absolutely no movement in the rod and no rattling in the neck. The neck is true and stable, so both luthiers seemed unconcerned about it and discouraged me from doing anything about it.

[b]Electrics [/b]- 100%

[b]Action [/b]- lovely and low (to me anyhow!)

[b]Price [/b]- I'd just like to recoup my outlay so I'm asking £895 including fully insured shipping in the UK. Please contact me for a shipping quote outside the UK.

[b]Deal Option [/b]- take this [u]and [/u]the Spector Euro LX4 (Zebrano top) for £1500

[b]Trades -[/b] Jazz 5 or something very similar please, OR smaller bodied 6 string.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions etc..

Pictures:
[attachment=122860:IMG_4712 (Medium).JPG]
[attachment=122612:IMG_4714 (Medium).JPG]
[attachment=122861:IMG_4717 (Medium).JPG]
[attachment=122614:IMG_4715 (Medium).JPG]

Edited by Rumble

I've been feeling a little bad about this bass because I sold it a short while ago. I'd just like to say that I owned it for a while and the neck is super stable and there are no issues. I had no need to adjust the truss rods (I'm not normally shy of adjusting neck relief if it needs it) because the action is perfect for me. You also need a shorter than usual allen key to get to them. Suffice to say that I wasn't aware that the trussrod adjusters were a little misaligned.

When I bought the bass originally it was in dire need of new strings and a really good clean (it was a bit grim in that respect). It came up beautifully and it's a great player plus the trussrods do work - no issue. I've owned 3 TRB6's and this one was the best of a good bunch no doubt

So bump for a great example of the breed. The electrics including the piezo bridge are all in order too.

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

Thanks, Peter. I can't see that there's much for you to feel bad about. I must admit that had I been made aware of the truss rod anomaly by the seller I might have been put off, but now that I've experienced it and sought the opinion of the luthiers I'm no longer concerned. The tone is amazing and despite its size, the neck is so easy to play.