Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Suppose I ought to say hi.....

StephenYork

After snooping round these forums for a couple of months I thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Steve, I'm based in Hemel Hempstead.

I play bass like a few of you on here, I've been playing for about 8 years now. Most of the time I have just been playing in church and little projects that never really go anywhere. In the last two years I was the bassist in a covers band called The Duvets. I recently changed bands to The Natalies, again another covers band.

I enjoy most styles of music but my favourite to play are soul, funk and disco.

During the week I have a 9-5 as an environmental engineer.

My rig is:
Ibanez SR505
MarkBass LM3
MarkBass 152

Gear is my biggest weakness, I love shiny new basses and amps. I'm currently looking out for a new bass to purchase after Christmas along with a smaller cab for those tightly packed gigs.

If anyone wants to chat/meet/jam/give me stuff I'm always up for it.

Thanks for listening!

Hi Steve, and welcome to BC!

We are all listening......look out for Bass tractor Bert, he'll be round to offer some nuggets of info. I use a SR1205...well I would but it was faulty so It got sent back to Ibanez, I'll stick to my trusty old Warwick for the time being.
Good that your busy being in bands and you help save the environment....awesome job dude!!

Cheers Leen.

Info? Me?
You must be the most sarcastic bass tard on BC, Leen! :lol:

Anyway, welcome to BC, Steve. From reading your intro it's apparent to me that you'll have a great time on here even though I disturb the peace here way too often.

Nice to read that you play bass, btw, and as Leen says: it's very good for the environment too! ;)

Enjoy!

best,
bert