Why become a member? ×

My bass sound's so much better strung with fresh DR's! :-)

Bill

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hi bass-chatters, It has been almost 2 year's since i put some new string's on this bass! and can't believe i haven't sooner.. i have been using the Warwick Red and Black Label strings since owning the Warwick but decided to go for a change and went with the DR Hi-beams, and they sound awesome, never had this bass sound as good before, they really compliment the Nordstrand pickup's aswell, very happy![/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Here is a clip:[/font][/color]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T--RJ_3j188"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T--RJ_3j188[/url]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Let me know what you think, and your past or present experience with them.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Cheer's[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Bill.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Bill' timestamp='1351539019' post='1852393']
[color=#000000]Hi bass-chatters, It has been almost 2 year's since i put some new string's on this bass! and can't believe i haven't sooner.. i have been using the Warwick Red and Black Label strings since owning the Warwick but decided to go for a change and went with the DR Hi-beams, and they sound awesome, never had this bass sound as good before, they really compliment the Nordstrand pickup's aswell, very happy![/color]

[color=#000000]Here is a clip:[/color]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T--RJ_3j188[/media]

[color=#000000]Let me know what you think, and your past or present experience with them.[/color]

[color=#000000]Cheer's[/color]
[color=#000000]Bill.[/color]
[/quote]

Lovely tone. But you know that little voice that squeaks from your shoulder, that goes "OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO! OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing! NO!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing!" Listen to that little squeaky voice ;)

Other than that, lovely!

I switched from DR Black Beauties because of repeated problems with the G going dead, I use Warwick EMPs now and I'm totally delighted with them.

Nice one mate! Great playing.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1351642014' post='1853781']
Lovely tone. But you know that little voice that squeaks from your shoulder,!OMG NO! Don't do the little fast thing!" Listen to that little squeaky voice ;)

Other than that, lovely!
[/quote]

Hahaha! just getting back into my slap, so trying to get back to tasteful, once i've let all my demon's loose! haha! cheers for the comments.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1351668107' post='1853858']
I used to use DR strings (the coloured ones). Nice bright, zingy tone for slapping.
Decided I wanted a more bassy tone & replaced them with TI flats (which was fine for all the slapping I do).

Nice playing. :)
[/quote]

Cheers man, i would love to try some flat's, probably going to go on a string-buying mission and try everything!