Why become a member? ×

Kawai K1 Classic MIDI FM Synth **SOLD**

I'm thinking of having a go at learning a little piano, I have a Kawai K1 synth at the back of the cupboard from the days of messing about at electronic music, although it's velocity sensitive it's not weighted like a piano so I thought I might upgrade to something that is and wondered if there is any interest in my old Kawai, it's not been used in years but as far as I remember it's in very good condition, all working and with the original power supply, I'll dig it out, test and photograph it if there is any interest at all.

[attachment=123685:P1000689 lr.jpg]

Edited by Rumple

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1351504680' post='1851766']
I seem to remember these being really good at 'string' sounds (amongst many others). Nice keyboard, good luck with the sale.
[/quote]

Cheers, I remember it doing nice crisp sounds to, plus it had a decent digital piano with added strings, a setting I really liked, it's good as a MIDI controller for software synths or MIDI note input.

I've got the rack version of this, it's very a 80's digital synth sound and great as mentioned for strings and pads. I remember quite liking some of the percussive patches like vibraphone etc. I'm the same, not used mine for a good while since I've drifted away from doing a lot of electronic and it's just sat in the rack gathering dust :( Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='untune' timestamp='1351513569' post='1851934']
it's just sat in the rack gathering dust :( Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

I also have an ESI-32 sampler in the loft somewhere gathering dust, that the K1 an Atari ST and a Zoom multi effects unit = a lot of old school fun.