Why become a member? ×

Line 6 UX1 - Mac will not recognise Please Help!

zranyard

Basically i plugged in my ux1, got the red light of screw you from it, installed all recent drivers, got the green light of thanks sucka, downloaded the pod farm, opened logic... and nothing happens.

Logic will not recognise it
Pod Farm will not recognise it
My macbook will not recognise it

But still... it has the green light

:o

Any tips, advice from personal experience would be greatly appreciated

Try this:

In Finder, go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup, select the Audio window. If you can see the device there, left click on it to highlight it, then right click on it and select 'Use this device for sound input', same again for sound output if you need to.

Just had a look at the manual [url="http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434d106fc4f74a3fc1ce65/application/pdf/POD%20Farm%202.5%20Basic%20User%20Guide%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20C%20).pdf"]here[/url]. Seems to be a bit more going on here, in that the software itself governs whether the interface works as standalone or a plug-in. Reached the boundaries of my known universe now... :blink:

I get the 'not connected' notice as soon as I open my pod farm.( you have the same system as me)

I normally quit , and then reopen and all is well.
What you could do, is go to top left hand corner of podfarm preferences and basically click all the input /output options and it should work.
There is a white noise testing device in there too.
Can't say anymore as I'm at work and my mac is at home.)

Firstly, have you updated or do you already have Mountain Lion on your Mac? If the answer is yes, then take a ticket and join the queue. There's quite a list of upset customers on the Line 6 forum with open tech support tickets for devices that are failing to connect, or drop out, or glitch since updating to Mountain Lion.

I can run you through set up as I have a UX1 too, but it may not help if the answer to the question above is in the affirmative :0$

Ok, been having a chat with tech support - try this - go to Applications > Line6 > Drivers folder and use the uninstaller to remove them. reboot machine. then go to Line6 and get the 7.1.7 driver, not the latest driver and install that instead. I'm testing the driver on mine and so far it *seems* to be behaving.

Whilst I was at it, I reinstalled the UX1 firmware too just to be sure. There's a whole lot more that tech support have sent me, but it is a known fault that they are trying to sort out. Good luck, I will post my findings.

P.s. what interface did you buy? I might get another too!