Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super 15 vs. Vintage, how much loud do you need for Doom?

Mr. Foxen

Reckon comparing them in the evening, between houses with kids, would be really unpopular. The ports are plugged because Vintage comes with a pair of those plugs, so hey are both fitted for delivery. It drops the tuning to be more akin to a sealed cab in the lows. Plan is kind of that the Vintage covers the guitary side, so that roll off is beneficial, means no more brutally heavy 4x12 for my mids and up, see how it works out. They are plugged in for a go tomorrow.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1351294588' post='1849931']
Reckon comparing them in the evening, between houses with kids, would be really unpopular. The ports are plugged because Vintage comes with a pair of those plugs, so hey are both fitted for delivery. It drops the tuning to be more akin to a sealed cab in the lows. Plan is kind of that the Vintage covers the guitary side, so that roll off is beneficial, means no more brutally heavy 4x12 for my mids and up, see how it works out. They are plugged in for a go tomorrow.
[/quote]

My compact is a pretty good guitar cab - capable of decent treble and seriously loud mids and lo-mids (for distorted sound).
If you're running a head with over 20W of power - wear ear protection. Each of those cabs are as sensitive as two compacts!

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1351294588' post='1849931']
[/quote]

:lol:

I can well imagine you wouldn't make too many friends trying those out at home!

Looking forward to hearing how they pan out once you've had them a while though. :)