Why become a member? ×

Warmoth Jazz 5 - swamp ash/zebra wood top. FINISHED!

Dolando

[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1375827632' post='2166321']
It looks fantastic. Well done.

What was the total cost?
[/quote]

My mother taught me not to ask those kind of questions....only kidding. I've not added it all up, but was best part of £1000-£1100 including materials.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1375828205' post='2166328']
Excellent job! That's a seriously pretty looking bass. How does it perform?
[/quote]

It sounds incredible, and plays well coincidering its not been set up. Once its set up, I reckon it it will sing! :)

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1375832152' post='2166375']
Looks awesome!
[/quote]

Thanks, a lot of time went into this...haha

[quote name='JimBobTTD' timestamp='1375853128' post='2166409']
The bass looks stunning! You have done well.

How did you resolve the bridge ground wire problem?
[/quote]

Thanks, warmoth told me it should just be a single hole drilled straight through, but something was blocking it. If I could drill from the cavity end I would've been able to dislodge it, but I ended up having to drill another hole. No biggy i suppose. :)

[quote name='Dolando' timestamp='1375860540' post='2166475']
My mother taught me not to ask those kind of questions....only kidding. I've not added it all up, but was best part of £1000-£1100 including materials.
[/quote]

Mine too but I never listend to her. ;)

Thanks for replying. It gives me something to think about. I like everything about this build. Well done and thanks for sharing. :D

[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1375861720' post='2166480']

Thanks for replying. It gives me something to think about. I like everything about this build. Well done and thanks for sharing. :D
[/quote]

No problem, I'd definitely recommend it. The quality if warmoth stuff is second to none. :) I'm already thinking about my next one. I fully recommend doing it. You could finish one for a little cheaper if you got different hardware etc, I kind went all out/a little over the top with it. Haha I think it's paid off though. :)

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1375864547' post='2166524']
It is very nice indeed :) Like the wood grain and finish - excellent job there ;) A 5 string J/MM is a cool mix to.

A
[/quote]

I originally wanted a grain with more of a standard subtle grain, but I'm pleased I got something a little different. I have two Warwickshire with twin jazz pickups and I really like the streamer jazzman, so was kind of inspired by that. It's a great combination. :)

[quote name='Dolando' timestamp='1375875999' post='2166737']

I originally wanted a grain with more of a standard subtle grain, but I'm pleased I got something a little different. I have two Warwickshire with twin jazz pickups and I really like the streamer jazzman, so was kind of inspired by that. It's a great combination. :)
[/quote]

Im not a big fan of the straight grain either but yours works :)

A

[quote name='shaneybaby' timestamp='1375898043' post='2167158']
[sup][size=4]Ahh that's beautiful. a fine piece of work. Now I want one. Enjoy mate you deserve it.[/size][/sup]
[/quote]

Thanks, such a good feeling when you plug it in for the first time!

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1375902013' post='2167243']

Im not a big fan of the straight grain either but yours works :)

A
[/quote]

Yea, its not for everyone generally, but I've always had a bit of a thing with zebra wood. I've also just noticed I wrote Warwickshire instead in warwicks! Haha :) sorry!