Why become a member? ×

NBD - Sandberg California VM-5

Ghost_Bass

[quote name='Prunesquallor' timestamp='1350992443' post='1845897']
It is a great price, but is it realistic here in the UK? Unfortunately, customs charges and VAT slapped on at the border may increase the price significantly.

List prices for stock VM4's at Guitar Guitar are £1300-1500.
[/quote]

No way! We have a VAT of 23% over here. considering that the pound is at about 80ish% of the euro i doubt that this bass would cost more than £1150 in UK!

Send one in from Thomann if UK dealers are too expensive, you won't pay any tax when entering the country!

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='Prunesquallor' timestamp='1350984234' post='1845749']
Thanks, guys. Looks like I'll have to try a few - although it seems Guitar Guitar and Bass Direct only stock a limited range in the UK.

Looking foward to hearing more about your experiences Ghost Bass!
[/quote]

You need to speak to Alan at Synergy Distribution, the UK distributor. Whilst they don't sell direct to the public (apart from Endorsees), he will certainly help you find the best deal possible in the UK and answer any questions regarding options etc. I can't say that he will always find you a bass through a UK seller cheaper than in Europe, but he would certainly rather someone buys through a UK agent if you get what I mean! The difference in price for me was negligable, when you consider the pre and post-sales support, and the fact that if anything does go wrong, you can talk to/go and see someone about it in this country.

[quote name='Prunesquallor' timestamp='1350992443' post='1845897']
It is a great price, but is it realistic here in the UK? Unfortunately, customs charges and VAT slapped on at the border may increase the price significantly.
[/quote]

The bass is coming from Germany so you won't pay any additional customs charges or VAT to import it.

Here's a video of the last gig, the sound is bad and there are some mistakes here and there but should do the trick until next saturday when i'll be doing a good quality video of the bass on the next bass bash.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUSnT1TwS_0&feature=youtu.be[/media]

edit: please go to settings on youtube and choose the best quality (full hd)

Edited by Ghost_Bass

• 2 weeks later...