Why become a member? ×

Combo amp small in size for gigging

libertino

[quote name='Smash' timestamp='1350682163' post='1842379']
How does the AER compare to your Rebelhead with a single RS112?
[/quote]

An interesting comparison actually. The Rebelheads do a broader range of tones and can get very dirty if you want them to. I generally use them only with both the RS112 and the RS210 together. I have both the RH450 (for sale on here) and the RH750. To be honest, the only difference between the two is that I use the volume knob at a half on the RH450 and about a third on the RH750.

I bought the AER without hearing it after reading rave reviews all over the place. Just like the OP, II needed something very small for small gigs and open mics etc.

The owner of the local music shop is also a bass player and I said he could open up the box and have a try when he got it in. When I turned up he had a HUUUGE grin on his face said he said he was blown away and had been playing with it all day.

You get a good range of sounds from the AER, but not as wide a range as the Rebelheads. It's loud enough for a pub gig with a drummer in a four piece with two guitars. It's funny seeing my amp beside their 4x12s. They ask me "how is it possible" - I say "easy, it's because I have a lot more money than you". The Rebelheads can go a lot louder - so you can play bigger places. The RS112 is quite compact - but is still quite long and not as easy to fit in the sports car to save me taking the Range Rover to gigs.

I have the best of both worlds I guess.

Edited by The Dark Lord

[quote name='Mog' timestamp='1350612389' post='1841297']
Id be looking at secondhand Trace Elliot rigs. The 300 watt 1x15 combos are usually easy to find and should be within your budget.

Another option would be the Ashdown mag range of combos.
[/quote]

These amps are going for almost nothing at the min, seen a 715x go for 250 quid and it was pretty much brand new!!!! There over a grand new!! And if you can find a 1215 you are laughing! Imbuilt overdrive/ dist, multi band compression and a 12 band graphic eq all foot swtichable!! I think theres on in the for sale forum at the mo

Andy

• 2 months later...

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1350729560' post='1842729']
These amps are going for almost nothing at the min, seen a 715x go for 250 quid and it was pretty much brand new!!!! There over a grand new!! And if you can find a 1215 you are laughing! Imbuilt overdrive/ dist, multi band compression and a 12 band graphic eq all foot swtichable!! I think theres on in the for sale forum at the mo

Andy
[/quote]715x for £250?? I'll take 3 please :gas: