Why become a member? ×

fender japan shell pink precision

bigmuff69

hi to all,
this is my first post!!,really like the site,so anyway......just won this on ebay--[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290787332663?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1288"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290787332663?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1288[/url],and never seen one in this colour,is it the real deal,or a refin,i remember seeing a mij shell pink jazz for swap,on either this site or talkbass

Nice one. I was looking at this as a potential brother for my pink jazz. I contacted the seller for the serial number and it is not far from my Jazz so I suspect it's a real one. If I remember correctly these were produced to celebrate Fenders 50th anniversary and so it should have a sticker saying so on the back of the headstock.

I had one of these when they first came out. Sound Control were doing them for £200 at the time. There were Precisions and Jazzes with maple or rosewood fretboards - I had one like the OP has bought

Lovely basses - ended up swapping it for a Peavey 4x10" which seems silly now I think about it

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1350071163' post='1834363']
I had one of these when they first came out. Sound Control were doing them for £200 at the time. There were Precisions and Jazzes with maple or rosewood fretboards - I had one like the OP has bought

Lovely basses - ended up swapping it for a Peavey 4x10" which seems silly now I think about it
[/quote]

That's right. They seemingly weren't selling too well to dealers but Sound Control bought what Arbiter had left and sold the whole range off at £199. Shoulda bought one then.