Why become a member? ×

Blacktop or Rockinbetter?

Yorkielowdown

Hi Yorkielowdown,

Welcome to BC!
Sorry, have no idea about your question, but maybe you're more lucky if you search the fora for them (upper right on the forum pages). The Rockinbetter has been mentioned lately, and I seem to remember people weren't that impressed.

Enjoy your stay!

best,
bert

Most start with a copy of a P-bass in order to learn all the basics (pun intended). Moreover, if you get a good deal on a slightly used or end-of-year closeout on a P-bass copy that has already been set up, over the long run it will retain a greater resale value should you ever need to.

Edited by iiipopes

Not tried the Rockinbetter, but I do have a Blacktop 'P' which is a good instrument. It's a MIM, and the build quality is pretty good on mine. The best thing about the Blacktop IMHO is the double stacked Pup arrangement. It's loud....and great for the rock covers stuff that we do in the band. Other than the Pup's, its all pretty standard P.

LC

Hi I played a Rockinbetter Rick copy and found it to be pretty good. They have powerful pick-ups and all the range of a Ricky. The finish is very good too. You can't really compare the two as they are very different to play. The Fender is probably better to start with, and should be easier to find.
Hope this helps.

Ellie

[quote name='Yorkielowdown' timestamp='1350315837' post='1837188']
Hey-up gentlemen (and lady). thanks for your replies and opinions.
What I really need to do is get off my idle arse and go and try them for myself.
PS. Ellie. When you need to de-clutter let us know- I thought I had GAS!
Love and best wishes.
Yorkielowdown.
[/quote]

Lol One of these days I will!