Why become a member? ×

Not a forum issue, just slightly funny

Silvia Bluejay

I am currently in Italy, logged in to this site on my own netbook, and I'm seeing a number of advert banners on this site which are in Italian and advertising Italian products and services. (I'm not remotely interested in them - I'm only a visitor in the country!)

I'm not mentioning this as a problem at all - only possibly as a waste of advert space... it just looks so odd to me :D

Keep up the good work, guys.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1349706885' post='1829360']
You'll have to do with something a little less valuable this time, but I'll see what I can do in the future :D :P
[/quote]

Im not as fussy as Ferrari guy. Any old Stradavarios will do for my holiday gift. Thanks :) (my friend Sherlock tells me they can be bought in junk shops for about 50 shillings or their Lira equivalent)

Always promised myself to go and see that countries Roman ruins one day before I get too decrepit to wander around Pompeii and Herculaneum, and while flights are still cheap. Are you on hols or is it work related ?

PS is it still hot down there in Italy ?

Edited by daz

Right, Stradivarius was made in Cremona and I'm in Florence - junk shops here only have Leonardos and Michelangelos... want one? :D :P

Forget about the Roman ruins - modern-era earthquakes have nearly flattened them by now - check out the Renaissance instead, lots more fun :)

PS It was a quick hol to see my Mum and Dad. Average temp 24 deg with sunshine. Still warm but coming down in buckets now. I'll be back in That London this evening.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1349766280' post='1830100']
Right, Stradivarius was made in Cremona and I'm in Florence - junk shops here only have Leonardos and Michelangelos... want one? :D :P
[/quote]

No thanks. Tommy Cooper was right, Michaelangelo's violins were rotten.

Back home after the fastest Gatwick-airport-to-W4-front-door time ever. ALL trains arrived within seconds of me getting to the platform. Landed at 4 pm, got home at 5:30. Never happened before....

PS Hobbayne was the only person among us (and that includes me) to make a relevant, on-topic post to this thread! Thanks, Paul, appreciated :D

Edited by bluejay