Why become a member? ×

NS Design NXT SOLD!

NJE

Hey folks,

Up for sale is my NS Design NXT 4 string upright in Amber Burst. It's in perfect condition, no dings or marks and comes with the original padded NS bag, stand and comes fitted with a set of D'Addario Helicore strings. The strings are £119 a set and a brilliant upgrade on the originals and help get a more acoustic type tone, as reccomended by Gollihur Music amongst others: [url="http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/2254-STRINGS_CHOICES_FOR_NS_DESIGN_NXT_AND_WAV4_BASSES.html"]read here[/url] The bass will also come with the strings it came with which give a more fretless bass tone apparently but I have never played them.

I bought it from a basschat member in May, and he bought it in December 2010 from Bass Direct. Neither of us have gigged it, it has just been used at home and rarely moved at all.

It's a beautiful instrument, incredibly well made and so much fun to play. I have had a lot of fun making a dreadful noise with it (I have no experience on double bass) and I shall be sad to see it go, but I bought it for a project that never happened and its big chunk of money for me to have tied up in an instrument thats gets little use.

I am after £600 which I think is a good price considering they are £849 new with Mark at Bass Direct and you are getting a set of £119 strings. Trade wise, the only thing I fancy/need at the moment is a EBS MicroBass II and money my way. I may also considder a Phil Jones Bass Buddy if anyone has one.

Im based in Cheltenham but often in and around Cardiff. I am happy for someone to collect and I will be happy to organise shipping it, but this will be at buyers expense and I insist on using good couriers and it being fully insured so no-one is out of pocket should the worst happen

*Update for some new pictures.

[attachment=121006:NS Body.jpg]
[attachment=121007:NS Body 2.jpg]
[attachment=121008:NS Front.jpg]
[attachment=121009:NS Bag.jpg]
[attachment=121010:NS Bag 2.jpg]
[attachment=121011:NS Head.jpg]

Edited by NJE

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1349291985' post='1824425']
I love my NXT, they're a superb introduction into EUB and sound superb in a mix!
[/quote]

Yeah, truly beautiful instruments and a joy to play. I get a lovely double bass type sound from it if EQ'd well and I cant even play double bass properly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...